Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Playing House

This apartment is so much fun. It is fairly small (& I suspect will shrink even more with all the upcoming visitors) and reminds me of a dollhouse - playing house, something I loved when I was a kid.




This bouquet of tulips greeted us on arrival

We have managed to conquer the combination washer/dryer. When all else fails, read the directions. They were actually quite well written. All laundry is washed & dried. I am attempting towels tonight. Washed this morning - so far the dryer has taken over an hour to dry them.


The combination washer/dryer that caused so much angst!





Yesterday our trip to the market included ingredients for dinner. It was a little bit of a challenge to figure out what to cook for our 3rd meal 'at home'. I have not yet mastered the oven. That meant cooking food on top of the stove or in the microwave. We ended up with a good dinner. I had 1 pot & 1 pan to use so had to figure out the order to cook things but in the end it worked fine. It really was fun - like playing house!

The kitchen sink & counter - to the right of the counter is the stove top/oven/dishwasher combinaton unit....further right, the bathroom!



I've included a tour of the apartment in pictures. Tried to show the stairs - the first staircase goes straight up, the 2nd is winding & a little more challenging....especially with bags in hand.



The two flights of stairs to the apartment









Off to Berlin tomorrow, back here early evening on Friday.

Looking forward to the week-end when Frank & Jill arrive.


Living room sofa / pull out bed
Entertainment center!

Bathroom sink Shower

Dining room table with view of the canal & 5 herons who live in and around it - great spot for watching the world go by.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

ITS MY HALF BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! Only 8 more days till I arrive in Amsterdam!!! WAHOOO!!!

meg said...

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time - wish I was there!
The apartment looks great - wish I was there!
Your outings sound like fun - wish I was there!
Short and sweet - WISH I WAS THERE!
Love you both and miss you!
Meg

Ryan said...

ONLY TWO MORE DAYS!!! There should be a whole section of this blog dedicated to the greatness that will be this weekend!!!